Contact the Governance, Risk, and Internal Audit Co-ordinator
Governance, risk, and internal audit
With right the balance of experience, a practical approach, and technical ability and knowledge, experts from CAIM provide exceptional guidance on your Governance, Risk & Internal Audit requirements.
Governance, Risk, and Internal Audit Page
An increasingly complex business & regulatory environment, combined with lessons learned from corporate collapses such as Enron and WorldCom, the financial crisis, and recent scandals in the Charity/Not for Profit sector has brought a much increased emphasis on the area of Governance in recent years.
Keeping abreast of the latest Governance developments creates additional responsibilities and challenges for Directors, Board members and management alike. Experts from CAIM are specialists in the new requirements, thus helping transform good governance into great governance.
Experts from CAIM offer Governance services to the Financial Services sector, Industry ( from SMEs to listed companies), and the Not for Profit and Public Sector.
These Governance services include:
- Advising organisations on:
- Governance Policy & Procedure development; and
- Governance Committee Structures, functions of key committees, including the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Advising Board Members on responsibilities and potential exposures.
- Providing reviews of existing Governance structures specifically for adequacy and effectiveness.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Advice on a structured approach ensuring compliance with all applicable Governance / regulatory requirements ( e.g. Basel III and associated CRD IV requirements); and
- Providing assistance on any compliance projects.
CAIM’s Corporate Governance services follow applicable standards, including the FRC Corporate Governance Code.
“Organisations need to practice qualitative corporate governance rather than quantitative governance thereby ensuring it is properly run.” – Mervyn King (Chairman: King Report)
Taking risks is essential for business growth. Risks can either increase or erode value, depending on how they are addressed.
Enterprise risk management is the process of evaluating and monitoring risks. The process evaluates opportunities and strengths against the limitations and weaknesses. Understanding the risk factors helps organisations make decisions in a transparent and risk tolerant manner.
Experts from CAIM have the specialist skills to develop organisational risk management frameworks. As part of this we consider the client’s risk appetite, risk profile and objectives, organisation size, level of business maturity, and management style.
CAIM Risk Services experts can:
- Develop client centric risk management frameworks.
- Assist in embedding risk management into the organisation, including risk management policies, procedures and supporting tools.
- Facilitate risk identification and quantification.
- Support the preparation of enterprise risk registers and action plans.
- Provide risk management communication, training, and mentoring.
- Benchmark progress on risk management to support a continuous improvement agenda, and
- Undertake specialist risk reviews.
The role of internal audit is a critical organisational function, both as the scale and complexity of regulatory demands on organisations increase, as well as the need for accountability and transparency.
Internal Audit provides Boards, Audit Committees, Management, Regulators, and other stakeholders the assurance that key organisational risks are effectively managed and that an adequate internal control framework is in place.
Experts from CAIM offer Internal Audit services to the Financial Services, Industry & Commerce, Not for Profit, and Public Sectors.
The Internal Audit services include:
- Internal Audit Start Up Assistance.
- Strategic Internal Audit Planning and Risk Assessments.
- Internal Audit Co-Sourcing.
- An Outsourced Internal Audit function.
- External Assessment of the adequacy of an Internal Audit function.
- Specialist Internal Audit Reviews validating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and systems; and
- Advising and reporting to the Board of Directors and/or Audit Committee.
Our services begin with an assessment of the organisation, its challenges, and how these challenges affect the control environment.
We use a risk-based methodology and all CAIM internal audit services are undertaken in accordance with the International Standards, as laid down by the Institute of Internal Auditors.