The Company operates in a tough market; an overall lack of measurement and accountability in the business contributes to high labour cost and low productivity.
- Poor financial systems – lack of measurement & accountability
- High labour cost
- Low productivity
Business owner required an experienced part-time Financial Controller with the ability to relate to all levels in the organisation as well as their auditors, tax and corporate finance advisers. A strong background required in manufacturing / operations & HR processes was important.
The Interim Manager (IM) worked 1 day per week, generally at the client site with some additional support from time-to-time as required.
- worked closely with the in-house accountant to prepare timely monthly management accounts
- produced summary of management report/financial analysis for monthly management reporting pack
- developed daily dashboard to focus on relevant KPI’s and metrics
- negotiated with Enterprise Ireland to extend lapsed Lean Start grant which resulted in efficiencies and improved plant lay-out
- reviewed HR structures and implemented a performance appraisal process.
- conducted a tax review which discovered miscalculation of capital allowances resulting in tax savings which outweighed cost of annual audit.
- Labour efficiency on the factory floor was improved by 13%.
- GP margin increased by 2%.
- Absentee rates significantly reduced.
- Suite of metrics available for CEO, which helps him to feel in control of the business and less stressed.
- The IM is available at any time to give follow-on advice on a confidential basis.
The IM works 1 day per week, generally at the client site with some additional support from time to time as required.